Have you tried organic hair or skin care products only to be disappointed and dismayed at the results you were experiencing? Have you wondered why all your friends who have made the switch to organic shampoos are so excited about the health of their hair, but when you tried them your hair felt like it didn't get clean enough, felt weighed down, was dull & lifeless and thought it was just you?
We have good news for you! Read on...
Why is it important to make the switch to 100% natural, professional, organic hair products, like Shear Miracle Organics? Most commercially available hair care products contain surfactants and silicone-based emollients. Shear Miracle Organics contain none of these. Surfactants are foaming agents that can be a serious health threat as they often combine with other ingredients to form possible carcenogenic compounds. Some of the most common surfactants are listed as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (SLES), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (ALS), Ammonium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (ALES) and Tea-Lauryl Sulfate (TEA).
Silicone based ingredients coat your hair. Think about it this way. It's like wrapping your hair in plastic wrap. This does not allow your hair to breath or absorb the nutrients necessary for it to remain healthy. Any ingredient with "cone" in its name, such as dimethicone, dimethicone copolyol or cylcomethicone can be thought of as plastic wrap for your hair or skin.
When you first make the switch to truly organic hair care products, you will most likely find that the shampoo doesn't foam as well as you are used to. As one recent customer described it, "It foams, but it doesn't bubble." You may even experience that the organic products don't work as effectively at first. But hang in there, this will only be true until your hair has had the opportunity to "detox" and remove this coating. (And this doesn't happen to everyone. In fact, it only happens to a few.)
While your hair is going through this "detox" it may feel dry, be knotty, difficult to control, feel weighed down and not clean enough. This can be normal until the hair is free of the silicones. These conditions can be improved in just a short amount of time by using good organic hair products, like Shear Miracle Organics, designed to add nourishment through vitamins, herbal extracts, essential oils, etc. and avoiding all hair care products, including shampoos, conditioners and styling aids that contain ingredients that are not plant based or natural.
A good rule of thumb is, if you can't read it and don't know what the ingredient is, don't use it!
At first, you may need to use more shampoo than what you are used to. Make sure you thoroughly coat your hair and even shampoo twice, if necessary. The "detox" process may take a week or two. Hang in there! Once the "detox" process is complete, you will find that our Shear Miracle Organics shampoos foam (but not bubble) and you won't have to use as much, your hair responds to the styling aids and your hair is silkier, shinier and softer than ever before - the way nature intended it.
If you don't want to wait for your hair to go through the natural "detox" process, here are some steps that may help to speed up the process:
~ Start by using Fresh Canvas Clarifying shampoo to wash your hair.
~ Combine 1 cup apple cider vinegar and 2 cups sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) and wash your hair with it a few times. (do not do this long term ~ for more info click here)
Here are a few more reasons to stick it out & allow your hair to detox with Shear Miracle Organics:
- Our products are designed to leave your hair and skin in great condition. We could have simply stopped there but we took it a bit further. When you experience our unique products you will be treating your entire being. We call this the mind, body, emotion complex - A Holistic Approach to Beauty
- They are 100% Natural - We use all certified organic, organic or wild-crafted ingredients.
- They are are Gluten-Free.
- We only use Safe Preservatives when necessary.
- We made them with our family's health & your health in mind! Our skin is the largest organ our body has, absorbing up to 70% of whatever you put on it. It just doesn't make sense to use something on your skin you wouldn't put in your mouth.
- Our products support healing from the outside of your body in. Nourish your beauty by feeding your body.
- Our products are made in small batches, ensuring freshness and potency.
- Go ahead, read our ingredients and see the difference. You don't need a degree in biology or chemistry to figure out what our ingredients are.
- Our formulations are mostly made using RAW ingredients.
- All of our products are Vegan.
- We have tested our products in salons on clients, NEVER ON ANIMALS (We are both PROUDLY Leaping Bunny & Peta Certified.)
- Made in the USA